Monday, March 31, 2014

wound vac done, maybe

So it's off - now I've got "wet-to-dry" dressings on which is just gauze soaked in saline solution.  I'm supposed to let it be out in the air a couple of hours a day if I can, so tonight I took a shower after dinner and let it air dry while we watched TV.  It isn't all the way healed yet, but it's close.  I definitely need a break from the thing, I've got really itchy yeast all over my chest where the plastic dressings were and that needs to heal completely.  But, I've decided I may let them put the thing back on me on Friday for another week if it will wrap this up faster.

The approval for chemo came in from the insurance company late this afternoon, so tomorrow I have bloodwork in the morning, and then I start again on Wednesday.  Good news this time, the infusion is only going to take an hour instead of three or four. 

When it's all done it will be 32 weeks of chemo in 11 months.  I'm not nervous about it this time, I'm kind of a pro at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment