Friday, April 4, 2014

Back on the vac...

I decided to go back on the wound vac for another week.  My right side seems to be healing up fine now, and my left is well on the way, but I'm worried about stalling out now that I'm back on chemo.  The surgeon thinks it's fine either way, but will be faster with the vac, so it's completely on my terms.  If I get too sick of it and want to take it off at any point I can.  That makes the whole thing easier, even if it is still a pain in the ass. 

The swelling in my arm is gone completely, but it still hurts quite a bit.  There's a pretty nasty bruise where the IV went in, I'm wondering if more will surface over time.  I'm just taking Alleve for it now and it's tolerable. 

Not much else going on.  The expected steroid crash happened this afternoon and I took a five hour nap despite having three cups of coffee this morning.  I'm off the nausea meds and feel OK, but I'm taking them with me everywhere I go, just in case, for the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment