Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Crash day

As expected, today I crashed.  The steroids must have cleared my system overnight.  I slept like a log for about 7 hours and could have stayed in bed longer if that whole job thing didn't get in the way.  And I also got my first taste of what forgetting to care for myself properly will cost now. 

I forgot to eat breakfast.  By 11 when I remembered to eat breakfast I was shaking so bad that I actually dropped it as I was pulling it out of the microwave, shattering the dish on the floor and making one very very happy dog.  I locked myself in my office (with the dog) while Bob cleaned it up and made me a fresh plate.  I cried and felt ridiculous.  I need to start setting alarm clocks to remind me to eat every couple of hours.  The recommendation is to go for six snacky meals a day rather than three big ones, and it made sense when I heard it.  It made a hell of a lot more sense after experiencing it. 

Anyway, I'm glad I had the warning that today would be bad, and really it was fine beyond that.  I arranged my work schedule to avoid big meetings jut in case, and it was fine.  I just feel really really tired again.  I didn't take any anti-nausea meds today and don't expect to need them again until next Monday. 

Next cancer related update - the big shave on Saturday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment