Sunday, July 21, 2013

Still no clue where I'm starting chemo, but I'm starting on Tuesday.

The lab in Ireland got started on the new samples at noon local time on Thursday, and are working through the weekend on them.  I'll know by noon tomorrow which way this is going. 

In health-but-not-cancer-related news, I had a major breakthrough in physical therapy on my knee on Friday.  Brief backstory for the unfamiliar - basically I was walking on it while it was dislocated for about a year, and had lost an incredible amount of range of motion - an adult my age should be able to move from 0 degrees (leg sraight) to between 130 and 150 (kneeling with butt on ankles).  On the first day of PT I couldn't straighten my leg and didn't even know it - it felt straight to me.  My range of motion was about 5 degrees to 105 degrees, and that hurt like hell.  We got me to 123 on Friday.  And that hurt like hell, but it's progress and I'm really happy with that.  I'm going to continue with PT once a week while I'm in chemo and then transition back into light weight lifting and doing more walks in the hills as I'm capable of it. 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on the knee improvement! It was really gratifying watching Shan make improvements as she went through therapy after she broke her elbow, especially since she had that robot arm thing to help her improve her range of motion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had a robot. :)

    My mom shattered her kneecap a few years ago and after experiencing how excruciating it has been to get this far, I cannot imagine the kind of pain she was in for that.

    ReplyDelete