Wednesday, October 16, 2013

MRI day

It was pretty uneventful, as these things go. 

Boy have my standards for that sentence changed in the last six months. 

Due to the fact that I need to be stoned out of my gourd to get into that machine and not lose my mind, Bob drove me down to the appointment.  Due to the fact that I am a doofus about scheduling things I had to go to school with him this morning so we could leave straight from there. 

It actually worked out well, my disabled parking permit got us a spot in the faculty lot just outside the library, so I was able to do all my meetings and even a webex on the school wifi from the car, and nobody on the other end noticed. 

We had to get to the imaging center an hour early so I could take my drugs (Zofran, because after the t-shirt experience at JavaOne I was worried about nausea from laying face down for so long, and valium) after signing the consent forms and then wait for them to kick in.  They ran an IV into my hand for the contrast fluid (my port is in EXACTLY the wrong spot to use it for this exercise.)

Getting into the machine was tight, as I new it would be.  Thanks to steroid bloat I'm actually about 5 pounds heavier than I was the last time we did this.  On the happy side, there were a lot more diagnostics to do last time, so I was only in the thing for 30 minutes instead of close to an hour. 

We discussed trying to do a fancier lunch or something for my birthday, but I was just too wrecked and wanted to get home to bed.  We got burgers at Five Guys and came home.  I slept until about 6 and am planning to go back to bed shortly. 

They didn't share any results so I'm in the dark until Monday.  Tomorrow I'm heading in to the office for meetings and then have a whole bunch of distractions lined up for the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment