Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Boring little update.

Boring is good.  I continued to feel moderately icky through the weekend, but was basically back to what I think of as my current baseline (weak and easily tired out, but not feeling "ill") when I woke up yesterday morning.  Now that I know when the nausea is likely to hit I'll take the meds a few hours earlier in the day next time, which should help prevent it entirely.  

I'm continuing on the sloooow taper of prednisone.  I'm down to 10mg this week, and will drop to 5mg on Friday, and then be entirely off of it by the end of next week.  And then I'll probably start on the decadron again for a day or two after infusions.  

I don't expect that I'll start to feel sick from the chemo again until I have my next infusion a week from tomorrow, so I should be in reasonably good shape for Thanksgiving, which I am thankful for.  (See what I did there?)  We'll be attending a potluck dinner hosted by friends here in Oakland and I'm looking forward to it.  

Tomorrow I've got a checkin with the oncologist to fill her in on how I did this time and then a consult with the gyno surgeon. 

Mentally/psychologically things have loosened up for me a little bit.  For a long time I haven't been able to read the way I would like to, and that's been frustrating.  My mind would just wander, and usually wander into some dark places it didn't really need to go.  I've been spending a ridiculous amount of time playing solitaire games on my phone instead.  It's distracting enough that I don't think about other stuff, but lightweight enough that I can do it and stay occupied when I'm feeling sick or tired. 

It's been nice to get back to reading fiction this week.  I finished the book club book (The Aviary by Kathleen O'Dell) and am reading some other YA stuff for now.  I might dive back into the deeper end of the pool in the next couple of weeks.  

On the projects front I've made small progress - I started to build out a website for the wedding, found somebody to do the flowers, and we think we've found food we like, although the guy hasn't responded to my question about a contract.  But he also seems to just not check email very often.  There's plenty of time to go a different direction if he flakes out in the next couple of weeks.  

On the PMP front, all I have accomplished was finally unpacking all of my books from when we moved 18 months ago.  The PMP books were literally in the very last box.  But now I have all my cookbooks too, and I did a big purge of old tech books that are going straight to recycling and have another box to go to Goodwill.  So actually I suppose that was quite a bit given my current energy levels.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment