Friday, November 22, 2013

Patterns start to emerge.

I slept in again this morning, and was a little hungry.  I ate a fairly sizable breakfast and then was a mix of tired/slightly nauseated/not hungry for most of the day.  I ate a cereal bar around 2, and then started really feeling sick around 5.  Basically the same as yesterday.  I took a zofran and about an hour later was able to eat dinner. 

The hardest thing is really getting in enough liquids.  I'm supposed to be drinking a massive amount of water, but then drinking when I'm not really thirsty makes my stomach uncomfortably full and that triggers the nausea too.  So I'm trying to remember to keep a drink at hand whenever I'm awake and just take a few sips every few minutes.  And I'm having the same problem bending over that I did at JavaOne this year - I discovered that when I attempted to load a couple of things in the dishwasher tonight.   It looks like Bob's going to be stuck with kitchen cleanup for a while. 

I'm feeling the neulasta now too - deep achy feeling in my thighs and pelvis.  I have no idea how long that's supposed to last or if it's going to get worse.  They said I can take alleve or ibuprofen for it, but those both mess my stomach up, so I'm staying away for as long as possible.  

Having said all that, I'm nowhere close to miserable.  Mostly I'm just really tired.  I've got a few good hours a day where I can have a conversation like a normal person or do a puzzle while listening to a podcast.  Then I start spacing out and it's time for another nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment