Sunday, November 3, 2013

Tired, but I think that's a good thing.

I stepped down the prednisone (from 40mg to 30mg) yesterday and my breathing still seems fine.  I also dropped the cough suppressant by half yesterday and haven't taken any today, and haven't had a major coughing fit.  All good. 

I also took a real nap for the first time in over a week yesterday, and I'm tired enough to do it today .  I think it's probably a good thing - sleep is an important part of healing and one of the things that bothers me most about all the steroids I've been on is the insomnia.  My body needs to take a break but the drugs won't let it. 

Yesterday I stayed home but stepped up my activity significantly - we did a bunch of long neglected stuff around the house.  Bob did all the heavy lifting, but I went up and down the stairs multiple times yesterday where I'd be really careful to minimize that for the last week. 

Today I went out for breakfast with Cait and then did half the grocery shopping (Trader Joe's and Whole Foods), and I am dead on my feet.  But it's a different kind of exhausted from what I was a couple weeks ago.  I don't know if that makes any sense at all outside my own head, but it feels better.  It's the right kind of tired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment