Saturday, September 28, 2013

Good stuff, bad stuff.

As promised, I didn't overdo it.  I did just enough and what I wanted to, and I took a lot of cabs.  We dropped John off at the airport around 10pm Thursday night and came straight home from there.  I didn't leave the house yesterday, did a little bit of work, took a long nap, and let other people bring me dinner. 

I went out and met Cait for breakfast and did some grocery shopping this morning.  That's my big outing.  I do need to deal with a massive pile of unopened mail that I've basically been ignoring since mid-May.  I've been a little bit distracted.  The basic bills are automated and they haven't turned the lights off yet, but I suspect there are going to be some unhappy surprises in there.

Other unhappy things that are not surprises are happening.  The steroids are really taking a toll.  I can feel my legs getting weaker, and I know I've lost all the gains I made in physical therapy this year.  I'll get it back, but it sucks to feel so physically unstable again.  Bob's been bugging me to pull my cane out of storage, and as much as I hate to, I think it's time. 

The other one that I knew was coming is swelling in my legs and feet.  It's normal.  Part of chemo.  Part of not being able to exercise regularly.  Part of being fat and over 40.  Part water retention from the steroids.  It's uncomfortable, and while it's been happening and I've been recovering overnight up until now.  Not last night.  Time for compression stockings.  At least it's not so hot that I'll be roasting in them for the next few weeks. 

Blah.  I'm not as miserable as I sound.  A little down I guess.  I'll get into bed with a book and deal with the bills later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment