Monday, January 6, 2014

Chemo kicked my ass.

I started writing something last night, but it was mostly whiny and pointless.  As it's supposed to be, this weekend has been the worst post-chemo few days.  I only left the house once this weekend, and was pretty much in bed the rest of the time.  I had to skip my book club last night because I just felt so crappy.  This morning I got up and came downstairs mostly because I couldn't stand to be in the bedroom for a minute longer.  I expect I'll last a few hours before I need a nap again.  Tired of being tired.  I think there's something about the end being in sight that makes it worse, like that last day on a great vacation when you just want to be home again and then your vacation isn't fun anymore.  Not that any of this has been fun, but my patience has run out along with my energy.

Smells have been setting off my nausea like crazy for the last couple of days.  The most frustrating thing is that it's stuff I like - Thai red curry, pecan pie ice cream, coffee, garlic.  Ack. I just took another compazine.    I've probably got about another week of this before things start getting easier. 

The other thing is I keep expecting to feel something more than I'm feeling.  Like I should be more upset than I am, more stressed than I am, more depressed than I am, more...something.  I guess that's good?  Maybe I'm just too tired and sore to be stressed?  I don't know. 

Still feeling whiny and pointless.  Tomorrow I do need to leave the house for a followup with the oncologist.  I don't know if this will be the last time I see her or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment