Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

As expected, this week was pretty uneventful.  Last night we drove up to Santa Rosa to spend the evening with friends and stayed overnight.  We ended up chatting all morning and into the afternoon and didn't get home until around 4:30.  We had a great time. 

Tomorrow is my last chemo.  Neulasta on Friday. Pre-op appointment at Alta Bates on January 14.  Surgery January 21. 

 I'll be spending a few days at a spa in Calistoga with my family the week before surgery.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Other than that, the next two weeks are about prepping to be unable to do much for the next several months.  Things like getting set up to move my skincare stuff to the bathroom on the kitchen level of the house, figuring out which clothes to bring downstairs.  A big purge on crap in my office.  I've got drawers full of tech stuff and books that are either obsolete, or still good for whatever they are used for, but I haven't used them in years.  Voice recorders, snowball microphone, extra cables for phones I no longer use, a bizillion thumb drives from conferences that seem to reproduce when I'm not looking.  Business cards for jobs or titles I no longer hold. 

There are two boxes of crap in our master bath that have been sitting on the platform by the bath tub since we moved.  It's been 18 months, it's time to chuck that stuff since I clearly haven't needed any of it.  I was playing around with my makeup a few nights ago and realized that my favorite eyeshadow (and this will tell you how often I actually wear makeup) was purchased when I was in college.  In the absolute best case scenario it is 20 years old.  Probably 22.  A bunch of that stuff has got to go.  

The other big one is nailing down stuff for the wedding party in June.  Bob's got his list of stuff to do, and I've got mine.  Invitations (electronic mostly) will be coming soon. 

I did end up doing some clothes shopping after all - for soft, button down shirts since I won't be able to raise my arms over my head.  I picked up a few on clearance a few days ago.  All of my button down shirts are of the really expensive, custom tailored type (which I'll have to have tailored again since they won't fit right post reconstruction) and I have a couple of zip front hoodies, but I'm pretty sure I won't want zippers rubbing on incisions.  So flannels and button front pajama tops it is. 

I am thrilled to be done with chemo.  Tomorrow and Friday are going to suck mightily, but it will be the last one and for that I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment