Thursday, January 2, 2014

Final chemo day.

It was pretty uneventful.  I feel like crap but it's inline with what to expect - I'm a little worse off than I was last time, and I'm not over the last neulasta shot, but I get a fresh one tomorrow.  I'll be living on Alleve and anti-nausea meds for the next couple of weeks, but otherwise I should be OK.  My main thing that I failed at last time was staying hydrated.  I let myself get too dehydrated and the residual drugs in my system irritated my bladder to the point of bleeding a little bit.  Not a big deal according to the oncologist as long as I stay more hydrated this time.  Funny what isn't a big deal anymore.  I started going through my day with setting timers to go off every fifteen minutes to remind me to drink when I'm not thirsty since I can't drink when I'm feeling nauseated, which is how I got to bloody pee last week.  I really don't want to go there again. 

Tonight we're watching Top Gear and then I'm going to bed.  I've now got a followup scheduled with the oncologist for 1/7 and my pre-op day at the hospital on 1/14.  In more fun appointments I'm meeting with a florist/wedding planner who happens to be a blast from my personal, deep, dark, internet past on Saturday.  What serendipity to run into her after 10 years just when I need a florist and help planning a wedding.  Must be meant to be or something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment