Monday, January 20, 2014

Today was just a day to get through.

I gave in to TV the last couple of days.  I needed the distraction and figure if there's a time to let myself be depressed and wallow a bit, this is it.  I had breakfast with friends this morning and then spent the afternoon watching a marathon of The Good Wife and trying to do some last minute arranging of things around here.  Bob and I went out for dinner at my favorite local restaurant.  I've been crying off and on all day, whenever I let the distractions drop.  I don't feel like it's any one thing, it's all of it. 

My bag is packed, my clothes are laid out, everything's ready to go.  I just need to get up, get dressed, grab my phone and Kindle and go.  I'm supposed to check in at the surgical service at 6:30 am, they'll get me changed and start my IVs and stuff, and then I'm off to nuclear medicine for the dye injection for the node biopsy, and then back to surgery prep.  If all goes on time we'll start at 9:30.  I've never had a surgery or other inhouse procedure start on time, so I'm guessing 11ish, but will be happy to be surprised. 

Whole thing should take 4-5 hours, plus another couple of hours in recovery before they park me in a room at the hospital. 

My arms won't be working so great when I'm done, so I'll hand the blog off to Bob for a bit to keep you updated for the next couple of days.   And now I'm going to take some Ativan and head for bed.

A big thank you to everyone who has sent me a note in the last few days.  I haven't had the energy to respond to everyone, but I read everything and truly appreciate it.  

2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking about you Sony. Please have Bob give us updates when he can.
    -s

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your entire blog, you are, or at least seem to be, extremely brave! I will be thinking about you and I'm hoping you'll have a problem free surgery. I am so sorry you have to get through this :-(

    ReplyDelete