Saturday, August 24, 2013

Boring is good.

Not much going on beyond hair loss.  I wish someone had explained the lint roller trick to me up front.  Would have saved a lot of itching.  I think the pace has slowed a bit, I suspect that it'll slow down again tomorrow and then speed back up again after my infusion on Tuesday. 

In the mean time, my scalp hurts.  Not like a headache, more like a bruise on a sunburn.  A lot of people say they have pain before it starts falling out, I think that might actually be the weight of the hair on the dying follicles - I didn't feel anything until the last couple of days, but now it's pretty constant, and the acne is pretty nasty.  I think it probably looks as gross as it's ever going to right now - some of the acne is scabby and it's noticeably thinner in places and totally gone in a few small patches, and of course the only thing that really hurts is actually putting something on it to cover it up, and I risk adding a real sunburn on it if I go outside without a hat.  I predict not a lot of public outings in the next week.  


3 comments:

  1. I remember Leasha having that scalp pain too. It seemed to help to put a (not too heavy) ice pack gingerly on the scalp. When she got her hair cut that time in Morro Bay, that also relieved it a little. Less weight on the follicles. But I know you got your hair cut really short. Maybe it will feel better once all the hair falls out? Check with Leash on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it should resolve for the most part once it's all gone, and then I can also start treating the acne more aggressively too. I've got some prescription goo to put on it, but the remaining just gets in the way and gets stuck in the ointment. I'm finding that tea tree oil pads from Trader Joe's are helping a little bit too.

      Delete
  2. Sorry, that comment was from me!
    <3
    Stasi

    ReplyDelete