Tuesday, August 20, 2013

week 4/cycle 2

Today's going to be another long one - I start cycle two which means I have to be there at 1pm for bloodwork, followed by a check-in with Dr. M.  I don't know if he's going to do an ultrasound to check on the tumor today or not.  Then I start the pre-meds and infusion at 3:30. 

It also means a change in what I'll be getting - this week we drop steroids, so I shouldn't have that insomnia tonight, but I don't know if that's going to make the cramping and runs worse.   

I've also got fresh prescriptions for a topical ointment to put on my sad, scabby scalp and a new anti-nausea med - reglan. 

We also don't know if I'm going to be able to drive myself home tonight.  I've been finE going by myself the last couple of weeks, but not sure how awake I'll be without the steroids.  If I'm too sleepy from the benedryl or zofran after the infusion (without the steroids to wake me back up), I can have a bed in the infusion room to sleep it off.  (They literally do have private rooms for exactly this purpose.)  Or Bob will come get me after class and we'll go back down to pick up my car tomorrow or Thursday.  And then I'll start asking for rides beginning next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment