Tuesday, August 13, 2013

week 3 begins

So, today was really boring and that is a GOOD THING.   I just had my third infusion of Paclitaxel and LCL161 today.  It's going much much better this time.  I changed two major variables and have also been using Protonix daily since last Tuesday to control the reflux. 

Last week I went in hungry.  I have to take the test meds (six pills, orally) at least two hours into a four hour window (at least) without food, and exactly five minutes after they finish the Taxol infusion.  I didn't understand the timing of the testing, waiting for results from the lab, pre-meds, and the drug itself, so I snacked thinking I'd be eating sooner, and ended up with nothing but a protein bar from noon to 8pm.  That was a bad idea, I was starving and I ate really fast, and probably 20% more than I would have on a regular night.  I also didn't take an Ativan when I got home, relying only on the Zofran. 

This time I took a big roast beef sandwich with me, and timed it so I finished at 2 hours.  (I ended up finishing late, but still only had a five hour gap between meals, and I took an Ativan along with my first meal after it.  (100% within prescription limits of one every four hours.)  I think having the protein in first really helped for a lot of reasons, and the extra Ativan has made me a bit dopey, but I'm otherwise fine.  I still expect some sort of stomach cramping in the night, but I'll set an alarm to take the next Zofran exactly on time for the next 24 hours, and the Ativan for the next 12.  

Hair is starting to give way now, I had my first experience of a larger than expected amount in my hand while in the shower last night.  When I pluck my mustache it doesn't hurt.  I do have acne under it on my scalp, as expected.  I'm treating it with tea trea oil for now, and expect Dr. M will have a prescription cream for it in the next 24 hours for me.  I think I'll have Bob clip me back down to 1/4 inch in the morning.  It's late, and I'm dopey enough that I might actually sleep for a bit tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment