Thursday, August 29, 2013

A plan is a good thing.

Feeling much better this morning.  There are so many things that are hard about this - some of them maybe unique to me (the food diary thing) and some that I suspect are universal - asking for help, feeling good for a few days and then knowing that I will feel like hell and not know for how long it will last *this* time.  Watching the world go by on a down day and not being able to participate. 

Today, I'm awake.  This is especially good because this morning I have to clean because the cleaning lady is coming at noon.  I picked up around the bedroom before I came down for my coffee, and I'll be cleaning the kitchen while taking my next couple of phone calls. 


She always starts with the master bedroom (top floor) and then moves down.  I've never stayed home while she's here before, but I will today.  I'll grab the dog and the cats and camp out up there and work from bed.  Could be worse.  

Also, random symptom that I don't think I've documented yet - constant bloody nose.  It's not like a free flowing won't stop thing, it's just that the taxol is drying out my skin and things are cracking up in there.  It's pretty gross.  Right now if I feel like something's running and I reach for a tissue, there's a 50/50 chance it'll be blood.  Yuck. 

And finally, a plan to make a plan.  I am good at planning.  I mentioned it last night, but I'm going to do the spa thing with my sister this weekend.  And then I will come home and sit down with my calendar and Bob's calendar and figure out when and where we'll need help.  He's got a good chunk of his football schedule down now, so those are evenings when people could bring me dinner and/or hang out for a bit.  Then I will communicate that to Mo and we'll kick the lotsa helping hands site into gear. 

I think I'm also going to use the cash some of you have donated there to buy a Vitamix.  Lani loaned me hers, and I am a fan.  ;)   It is definitely the easiest way for me to get fruits and veggies in at this point, drinking is easier than eating on the bad days. 

And a reminder, if you want to sign up, or donate money (this is me asking for help! (cringe)) you can contact Mo at piegirl at gmail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment